Multi-Resolution Game Development With GameBuilder Studio Check it out!
NEW Version 0.9.7 has arrived! New Blazing Fast Particle Engine & More Game Actions. Check it out
Turning "off" the platform controller
  • I really like the platform player controller so far. It saves a ton of time setting up a working player entity. However, I am running into a bit of a problem with my current project. Basically when the player gets killed, before I reset the level, I want the character to play a death animation. The problem is the player controller stays active no matter what I do to constrain the entity or state or even the animation.

So, my question is, how do I turn "off" the player controller component so that I can change to a death animation?
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Okay, so I figured out how to utilize the "damaged" state to run the death animation and then respawn the player at the start of the level. However, I would still like to know if there is a way to turn off the controller so that I could stop the player from moving so I could maybe do an in-game cutscene. or other possibilities.
  • Hi @Searlesama,

The platformer controller doesn't have a built-in enable/disable feature but there are a number of ways to do this. The simplest approach would be to disable component from receiving updates from the game engine by setting the property "registerForTicks" to false.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion