Multi-Resolution Game Development With GameBuilder Studio Check it out!
NEW Version 0.9.7 has arrived! New Blazing Fast Particle Engine & More Game Actions. Check it out
Accelerometer emulation
  • Hi everyone
    Is there any way to simulate the motion of a device for testing the accelerometer without having to deploy the app?
    I'm working on a parallax effect controlled by the accelerometer, it's a fixed scene with a bit of depth effect, not a scrolling scene. I'm a bit lost now about how to make it, since I'm new to GBS, right now I have to deploy the app to my phone to test it
    Thanks
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • @kikubu, unfortunately no. The device sends the accelerometer data so you have to test it on the actual device.
  • thanks Lavon. I'm working on a laptop, but since I have a Surface Pro, I could test it on it without having to deploy to my phone, it's an acceptable solution.
  • Also, I've noticed chrome has (don't know if other browsers have it too) accelerometer emulation, so I guess you could publish for web and mess with the emulator to check results.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion