Multi-Resolution Game Development With GameBuilder Studio Check it out!
NEW Version 0.9.7 has arrived! New Blazing Fast Particle Engine & More Game Actions. Check it out
Game wont Play/Build when mp3 asset added
  • Hi

Did a little starting screen for my game and I decided to add some sound later on. After I added the mp3 to the assets, the game won't build any more. Using v0.9.6 on Win7. Any Ideas?
    Edit: No errors, crashes or anything, there is just the building-bar and after that the game just does not start. After I delete the added mp3 asset, "Launch"-mode works normal again.
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Ok, after spending 3 hours on checking things like bitrate, khz, mono/stereo and so on, I found out that probably the name of the file was too long. It had more than 8 digits. After shorting it, it worked.

I used assets with more than 8 digits from the start - so could that be a bug? Like later added files crash the game build if they have more than 8 digits?
  • @Cavaron, yes the wrong MP3 encoding can break the build process. Or if you have weird characters or spaces in your asset names.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged