Multi-Resolution Game Development With GameBuilder Studio Check it out!
NEW Version 0.9.7 has arrived! New Blazing Fast Particle Engine & More Game Actions. Check it out
How to display multiple lines of text?
  • That's maybe a silly question, but I seem not to get it... So, what's the best way to implement much text like in an ingame manual or in a text adventure? Is there a way to set returns in text objects, or do I have to do an object per line (I see no other way right now, maybe I have a selective blackout here)? Most ideally the text would float in the boarders of its spatial properties - can that be done?

Or would you just implement the text as an image (wouldn't make much sense regarding the size of the game).
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Uhm... just found the checkbox "Word Wrap" so... never mind... doh...

But would be nice if I could edit the text in the screen view and not in the really small text-line in the renderer properties. And beeing able to set returns would be great too.
  • have you tried /n or /r/n ?
  • @Carlton: Thanks for you reply. You mean like /n or /r/n directly put into the text between the words? This will just display /n as text.
  • @Cavaron, nevermind I just tested this out and it doens't work
  • @Cavaron, your suggestion is noted. This will be considered. We may just make the text input box larger as an immediate adjustment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged