Multi-Resolution Game Development With GameBuilder Studio Check it out!
NEW Version 0.9.7 has arrived! New Blazing Fast Particle Engine & More Game Actions. Check it out
App Store Submission For IOS 8 Broken?
  • @Lavon, I tried to release one of my games for IOS today. However Apple has changed their services and I believe the formula that GBS is using isn't updated to conform with this new service.

adobe has released a beta fix for this, below you'll find a link detailing the problem more in-depth

When using the Application Loader these are the following errors I'm receiving

• 1 package(s) were not uploaded because they had problems:
    • /var/folders/9t/qqthj5c161z5mjh5h7hqkw500000gn/T/A7DD976E-E7C4-41D5-9DF6-A28F6BD154AE/923853666.itmsp - Error Messages:
    • ERROR ITMS-9000: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '57x57' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions < 7.0."

• ERROR ITMS-9000: "Invalid Segment Alignment. This app does not have proper segment alignment and should be rebuilt with the latest version of Xcode. Please contact Developer Technical Support if you need further assistance."

• ERROR ITMS-9000: "Invalid Bundle. The bundle Wobbly_Witch.app does not support the minimum OS Version specified in the Info.plist."
    Ignore the error about the icon sizes thats not a problem, but the last two errors are of concern.

Until this is fixed, I believe that no user can upload their application build to iTunes connect.

• 14 Comments sorted by
  • @Carlton a user just emailed in last week notifying us that their app was approved by apple running on iOS 8. These errors may go away once you fix the icon issue. But I have a few questions. 
    - Are you doing any kind of custom rebuilding of the final .APK? I know you mentioned that you were using some kind of repackager. 
    - Also are you building a release version (App Store Ready)?

GBs is using the latest Adobe AIR 15 compiler which supports iOS 8. 
  • @Lavon, I'll fix the icon issues and see if this resolves it, also I haven't updated to Adobe 15 yet, I've been putting that off until I was finished with this project 

I'm not going any custom rebuilding.
    I am building the release version as App Store Ready

I'll make sure that I am up date with the compiler and see whats the issue. 

I'll report back with my results
  • @Lavon, just fixed the icon issue and came back with the same errors when trying to upload.

Package Summary:

1 package(s) were not uploaded because they had problems:
    /var/folders/9t/qqthj5c161z5mjh5h7hqkw500000gn/T/3F6F5A11-4734-4AAE-AADF-3DFE92FEFA3B/923853666.itmsp - Error Messages:
    ERROR ITMS-9000: "Invalid Segment Alignment. This app does not have proper segment alignment and should be rebuilt with the latest version of Xcode. Please contact Developer Technical Support if you need further assistance."
    ERROR ITMS-9000: "Invalid Bundle. The bundle Wobbly_Witch.app does not support the minimum OS Version specified in the Info.plist."

below are my configuration specs during my publishing.

App Store Ready
    IPhone/Ipod Touch
    Retina
    portrait
    Auto Orient: not checked
    Full Screen: checked

not using faster packaging
  • @Carlton which version of the iOS Application Loader and Xcode do you have installed?
  • @Carlton there does seem to be a problem reported by other Adobe AIR users. It looks like Apple just made this change to their tool chain a few days ago. 

There is a suggested work around for this with reports of successfully being able to submit the build after employing the fix for Mac users. Find the details here: https://forums.adobe.com/message/6762687#6762687

This should be fixed in the next version of Adobe AIR.

• The Steps to make use of your system's linker (
    adapted for GameBuilder Studio):

1. Install the latest Xcode version. This should already be done if you are at the stage of submitting a final game to the app store.
    2. Verify that the system linker exists at /usr/bin/ld. If it does not then look for it in: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin and replace the "/usr/bin/ld" path in step 6 below with it.
    3. Open up the terminal on your machine and execute the following command line commands:
    4. cd /Users/[CURRENTUSER]/Library/Application\ Support/GameBuilderStudio/Local\ Store/compiler/Mac/bin/air_sdk/lib/aot/bin/ld64
    5. mv ld64 ld64_orig
    6. ln –s /usr/bin/ld ld64
    7. Publish for iOS from GameBuilder Studio again.
  • I'll give this a try, its been a while since I've updated Xcode 
  • @Lavon, I did the above steps above and that eliminated one of the problems.

I still had this error remaining. 

ERROR ITMS-9000: "Invalid Bundle. The bundle Wobbly_Witch.app does not support the minimum OS Version specified in the Info.plist."

I did the following steps in order to fix this, and the application uploaded successfully! 

To solve (on Mac OS X):

• Rename myapp.ipa to myapp.zip
    • Unzip
    • Go to the created "Payload" folder
    • Right click myapp.app and click "Show package content"
    • Open info.plist in a text editor
    • Change the value string of MinimumOSVersion to (at least this is what I put in, and it works)

<key>MinimumOSVersion</key> 

<string>6.0</string>

• Save the file and exit

• Right click the Payload folder and click "Compress 'Payload'"
    • Rename back Payload.zip to myapp.ipa (where myapp is the original name of your ipa)

Hope that works for you.

Thank you for all your help

• @Lavon, never mind the binary was invalid. Still looking into the info.plist error.
  • @Carlton there is a new release candidate build being prepared for release with a fix for this issue. Stay tuned...
  • @Lavon Will do thanks, I know it takes time. Keep up the good work
  • @Carlton try the latest build (526) and please report your findings. Just publish from GBs again.
  • @Lavon, Quick morning test: Tried publishing and upload successfully without any kind of modification . I'll continue to test this out in the afternoon.

Thanks
  • @Carlton ok great! It worked in our test also.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged