Multi-Resolution Game Development With GameBuilder Studio Check it out!
NEW Version 0.9.7 has arrived! New Blazing Fast Particle Engine & More Game Actions. Check it out
How do I make a count down timer?
  • Hey All,

I'm trying to make a count down timer and I can't figure out how to call a method

How would I go about creating method?
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • @Carlton what do you mean by call a method?

If you want to create a count down timer you can just use a Timer action that triggers every second.

So you can have a Rules component that checks the value of a property on the entity called "remainingTime" to see if it is greater than 0. 

Add a Timer that triggers every second and have it decrease the "remainingTime" property by one.
  • @Lavon,

So since I'm trying to display the count down time.

I need two timers set for every second
    one that would decrease the property and one that would update the rendered text?

or would I have a timing component that would call a rules component that checks if the' remainingTime' is greater than 0. If it is I would update the rendered text?

Thank you
  • @Carlton No you can use a Group action and put the decrement action and the update renderer text action under the same timer. 

Have you seen the Group action? It allows you to trigger a bunch of actions in sequence when their is only one slot.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged