Multi-Resolution Game Development With GameBuilder Studio Check it out!
NEW Version 0.9.7 has arrived! New Blazing Fast Particle Engine & More Game Actions. Check it out
  • I know I'm asking for the world, and I understand the difficulties and processing required for this. But if there was some kind of spatial property to where you can set a shape or object to behave like water or have the characteristics of water, That would be soooooooooooooooooooooo awesome.

Thanks, doesn't hurt to ask.
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • @Carlton I know this isn't what you're looking for but . . . if you have access to any kind of drawing/painting software or app, you could create a drawing consisting of a few layers or more with different alpha levels and shapes(like water currents), 
    Next put each layer as a separate sprite in your sprite sheet.
    Then when you put them in your scene you could set up a rules component on each sprite to have an initial position set.
    Then, set up an additional rules component on each sprite to automatically trigger an interpolate action
     away and back to its starting position with a sinEaseInOut setting on the easing, PlayCount: -1, autoreverse: checked, Duration of 3 seconds for example.

• @BenFromOregon, I'm aware of a solution for waves or rivers currents. But I have a fire fighting game in mind and I was just thinking (Its out there) but say click on a spatial for a circle apply a water like setting to it and soon as the gravity kicks in it drops to the bottom and acts like a drop of water and just splashes and destroys itself.

I might just create a sprite animation or try to use a particle instead

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged