Multi-Resolution Game Development With GameBuilder Studio Check it out!
NEW Version 0.9.7 has arrived! New Blazing Fast Particle Engine & More Game Actions. Check it out
Compile Error: The generated swf can not be found.
  • Hi
    I was working with GBs pro and it was working fine for few hours. When I clicked again on lunch this error happened and I can't lunch the game after that. It's not the first time this error is happening. To fix it I had to completely remove the GBs and install it again!
    Here is the complete log.

GBSAppPM - initApp - Error - Failed when trying to write debug file to application dir
    PluginManager - Loaded Plugin - [SpineAnimationPlugin.swc]
    PluginManager - Loaded Plugin - [InAppPurchasePlugin.swc]
    PluginManager - Loaded Plugin - [AdmobPlugin.swc]
    PluginManager - Loaded Plugin - [iAdsPlugin.swc]
    PluginManager - Loaded Plugin - [GamesCoreComponentsPlugin.swc]
    PluginManager - Loaded Plugin - [ParticlesPlugin.swc]
    PluginManager - Loaded Plugin - [PlatformerPlugin.swc]
    PBE - GameBuilder Studio (PBE Fork) - source - air (4.5.1.21328) - application
    LoaderManager - registerLocalResource - A resource from file missing_graphic.png has already been registered.
    SaveProjectCommand - Info - The resource with file name [skeleton_spritesheet.png] was not imported from the project resource folder so it has been copied over.
    CompileGameCommand - Print Compiler Exec - C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
    CompileGameCommand - Compile Game Process | 
    CompileGameCommand - C:\Users\Saman\AppData\Roaming\GameBuilderStudio\Local Store\compiler\Win\bin>setlocal disabledelayedexpansion 
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - C:\Users\Saman\AppData\Roaming\GameBuilderStudio\Local Store\compiler\Win\bin>FOR /F "tokens=1* delims==" %i IN (compiler.properties) DO set "%i=%j" 
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - C:\Users\Saman\AppData\Roaming\GameBuilderStudio\Local Store\compiler\Win\bin>set "COMPILER_HOME=C:\Users\Saman\AppData\Roaming\GameBuilderStudio\Local Store\compiler\Win" 
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - C:\Users\Saman\AppData\Roaming\GameBuilderStudio\Local Store\compiler\Win\bin>set "ANT_HOME=C:\Users\Saman\AppData\Roaming\GameBuilderStudio\Local Store\compiler\Shared\bin\ant" 
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - C:\Users\Saman\AppData\Roaming\GameBuilderStudio\Local Store\compiler\Win\bin>set "JAVA_HOME=C:\Users\Saman\AppData\Roaming\GameBuilderStudio\Local Store\compiler\Win\bin\java_jdk" 
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - C:\Users\Saman\AppData\Roaming\GameBuilderStudio\Local Store\compiler\Win\bin>set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_05 
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - C:\Users\Saman\AppData\Roaming\GameBuilderStudio\Local Store\compiler\Win\bin>set PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.4;C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET Web Pages\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Ulead Systems\MPEG;C:\Program Files (x86)\Smart Projects\IsoBuster;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\SnapAPI\;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_05\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\cmd;C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-studio\sdk\tools\;C:\Program Files (x86)\apache-ant-1.9.4/bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\sdk\platform-tools;C:\Ruby200\bin;C:\Users\Saman\AppData\Roaming\npm\;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_05\bin;C:\Program Files\nodejs\;C:\Users\Saman\AppData\Roaming\npm;C:\Program Files (x86)\SSH Communications Security\SSH Secure Shell;C:\Users\Saman\AppData\Roaming\GameBuilderStudio\Local Store\compiler\Shared\bin\ant\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_05\bin 
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - C:\Users\Saman\AppData\Roaming\GameBuilderStudio\Local Store\compiler\Win\bin>set ANT_OPTS=-Xmx1024m 
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - C:\Users\Saman\AppData\Roaming\GameBuilderStudio\Local Store\compiler\Win\bin>set JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx1024m 
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - C:\Users\Saman\AppData\Roaming\GameBuilderStudio\Local Store\compiler\Win\bin>ant -buildfile ..\Web\bin\build.xml build 
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - Compile Game Process | Buildfile: C:\Users\Saman\AppData\Roaming\GameBuilderStudio\Local Store\compiler\Win\Web\bin\build.xml
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - build:
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - build_dir_check:
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - cleanup:
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - Compile Game Process |      [echo] GBS: Removing Build Dir...
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - createdirs:
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - Compile Game Process |      [echo] GBS: Creating Build Dir...
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - buildswfassets:
    CompileGameCommand -      [echo] GBS: Building Any SWF Assets...
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - quickcopyfiles:
    CompileGameCommand -      [echo] GBS: Copying Source Files To Build Dir...
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - Compile Game Process |      [copy] Copying 14 files to C:\Users\Saman\Desktop\Untitled\build
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - Compile Game Process |      [copy] Copied 7 empty directories to 2 empty directories under C:\Users\Saman\Desktop\Untitled\build
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - Compile Game Process |      [echo] GBS: Copying Splash Screen To Build Dir...
    CompileGameCommand - 
    CompileGameCommand - CompileGame - FAILED - Compiling Game Process Failed, The generated swf can not be found.

• 18 Comments sorted by
  • I am having the same issue, all of a sudden now when i test or run the app it says the generated swf can not be found?
  • I've been having the same error and the problem for me was that the swf got locked and could't be overwritten or even deleted. It goes away when I reboot my computer, but it's annoying and happens frequently
  • @Usman what version of GBs are you using?

@kikubu this should not continue to happen. You may need to make sure the folder your GBs project is saved to has write privileges if the file gets locked and doesn't allow GBs to write to it.
  • Using Ver 0.9.7 and it used to work just fine.

Also if you can answer other questions here too,

1. Do we need Adobe Air SDK or users need to download Adobe Air before they launch the game? As i read in the features list, No SDKs or command line workflow required.

2. Why your application looks so blurry in Mac Book Retina Display, even i opened plist.info and set high res ON? as its very blurry.

3. I have an existing SWF game and i want to publish to mobile platforms, can i include it in GBS as an asset and it will work without any performance issues?
  • @Usman you probably just have some compile error if your project compiled before and is no longer compiling now. If you copy the output from the console by opening the console and double clicking on the screen and emailing it in via our contact page we can take a look at it and tell you what the issue is.

1. No, using the captive runtime setting no separate AIR runtime install is required. Your game will automatically run.

2. I have a Macbook retina display and the app looks just fine. Do you have your display settings set to scaled or something?

3. You can not import an existing swf game and publish using GBs. GBs is highly optimized to run on mobile devices so you would need to rebuild your game in GBs. You can re-use your swf assets but that is not the most optimized approach to rendering on mobile.
  • Hi all,

Just decided to try out the GBS.  Somewhat of a novice here.

I get the same swf error when trying to examine the sample projects.

Status so far:

Installation on my IMac running mavericks runs perfectly fine (late 2011) no issues.

Installation on my Macbook pro (2014 retina running Yosemite) is borked:
    - Installed most recent Java
    - Installed Adobe Air
    - Installed current version of GBS
    - When any project is compiled I get the ERROR: Compilegame - Failed... ... swf can not be found.

Thoughts?

Not a dire emergency. but any suggestion is appreciated.
  • @wallygator Hi thanks for giving GameBuilder a try. Normally this is just a compile error. So you have to sift through the output in the console to find the error message. If you open the console and copy the console error message by double clicking it then send it in via the contact page on our main site. I can diagnose it for you.
  • Having a similar issue here on OSX

CompileGameCommand - Compile Game Process | Error: JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly.
    CompileGameCommand -   We cannot execute /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Home/bin/java
    CompileGameCommand -
    CompileGameCommand - CompileGame - FAILED - Compiling Game Process Failed, The generated swf can not be found.

Also,
    Installed most recent Java
    - Installed Adobe Air
    - Installed current version of GBS

• @R did you point GBs to the java bin folder of where you installed java? You need to do this inside of the settings window of your GBs installation.
  • GBSAppPM - initApp - Error - Failed when trying to write debug file to application dir
    PluginManager - Loaded Plugin - [InAppPurchasePlugin.swc]
    PluginManager - Loaded Plugin - [SpineAnimationPlugin.swc]
    PluginManager - Loaded Plugin - [iAdsPlugin.swc]
    PluginManager - Loaded Plugin - [AdmobPlugin.swc]

i am Having this error on GBs pro, How to solve it????When i do publish for apk(android) it shows Publishing Game project and its goes on and never completes,,please help and solve the error
  • I have once unistall and reinstalled it but it didnot helped me,,please any1 help
  • Probably not the answer to most of the posts here but on previous builds (not tried the current) of GBS, I found that the path or project name on my Mac was the cause of the cannot find swf error. 

try and remove spaces or characters other than a to z in your path or filename.

Thanks

TimCS
  • @TimCS thanks for helping. @Debodip figured it out. He was missing his certificate file in the publish settings.
  • oh what this swf bug. need solution for this, i can launch the test only one time in first test and after i have this bug swf can not be found...........
  • today i have this error :

Could not reserve enough space for 2097152KB object heap

• Hallo ! ! ! anyone her ...
  • @ADEB this is normally because the wrong version of Java is installed on your machine. Did you install the version of Java from the prerequisite section of the download page of your account?
  • yes i have already  java instaled

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged