Multi-Resolution Game Development With GameBuilder Studio Check it out!
NEW Version 0.9.7 has arrived! New Blazing Fast Particle Engine & More Game Actions. Check it out
Cant save
  • Hello,

I can't seem to save my work? Whenever i try and when restart gbs nothing i saved in the project? Am i doing anything wrong or can't you just press the save button?
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • I get this error when trying to save:

Error#1009 Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

So what is wrong?
  • @Isak This is a null runtime exception in the application. What were you doing before you got this error?
  • @Lavon I was doing som interpolate actions, some animations similar to the hungry hero tutorial.
  • @Isak best thing to do is to send in a link to your project so we can diagnose it. We should be able to recover the project back to a working state as well because its all just a big xml file of data.
  • @Lavon, what do you need the whole catalog? Where do i upload to? As it is for now i am thinking about trying some other software if you can't fix this?

Kind regards

/Isak
  • @Isak you probably imported a corrupt asset or deleted an asset but forgot to clean up the reference to the asset on a component that was using it. 

Its a very easy fix if you zip up your entire project folder and send in a link to it so we can debug it. I assure you your files will not be used or shared anywhere. Use the contact form on our site to send in the link.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion