Multi-Resolution Game Development With GameBuilder Studio Check it out!
NEW Version 0.9.7 has arrived! New Blazing Fast Particle Engine & More Game Actions. Check it out
Critical problem storing and loading a listdatacontainer
  • With a simple test I can show you the problem:
    Step 1 I created a listdatacontainer. With a property item0 with value zozo
    Step 2 I stored the listdatacontainer
    Step 3 I loaded the listdatacontainer
    Result : all values of the listdatacontainer has become the id of the properties inside the container. For example item0 will have value item0.

I hope you can fix this in the next release. Jelle
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • By the way, I did the same test with a datacontainer instead of a listdatacontainer and with the datacontainer it does work as expected.
  • @Jelle which version of GBs are you using? I have not been able to reproduce this. Keep in mind the list entry name can not be changed on a ListDataComponent.
  • @Jelle how are you validating the value of the items in the list? Is it showing item0 in the value field inside the editor after reloading the project?
  • No im logging the value of it... before saving and loading it has a value set by me. After saving and loading logging the value displays the id of the value and the value has been removed. I could send the project file or the shared object file? But its a very basic example, im using v0.9.8

Im just:
    • creating a listdatacontainer with 1 item0 with a value "testvalue"

then creating a rulesmap triggering the following
    • local storage save listdatacontainer
    • log output  Self.ListDataContainer.item0 displaying "testvalue"
    • local storage load listdatacontainer 
    • log output  Self.ListDataContainer.item0 displaying "item 0"

First log outputs the value set by me "testvalue"
    seconde log outputs the id that overrides the value. "item 0"
  • @Jelle oh ok I understand. The Local Storage action has a bug in it when loading a List Data component from storage. This will be fixed in the next build.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion