Multi-Resolution Game Development With GameBuilder Studio Check it out!
NEW Version 0.9.7 has arrived! New Blazing Fast Particle Engine & More Game Actions. Check it out
Google Play published games built with GBS?
  • Hi there!

I'm new on GBS and on this forum... I'm interested principally in android game development... I've try some tools, but when tested ad apk on my LG G4, performance was terrible!

Can you tell me if there are games on Google Play (and its names) built with GBS? so I can install it on my devices and test performance/complexity/possibilities myself...

Thanks a lot for any replies...

have a good day!
  • 9 Comments sorted by
  • Update...

I've seen two games on Google Play on GBS Facebook page (Egglympic and PowPow Friends)... I've installed it on my LG G4 and, both, have scaling/resolution problems...

both are terrible to see...

Egglympic hides right and bottom zones of screen (with black zones) and, for this reason It is unplayable... 

PowPow Friends hides right, bottom and left zones of main menu screen (with black zones) and touch areas not correspond with underlying image... in game screen, the screen go to upper left corner of display and right and bottom zones become gray...

both games have small lags...

are these specific game problems, or are all games realized with GBS affected by these problems?
  • I hope this isnt the case? Because when i have problems, sadly i dont have an android so cant test the games.

• are you developer of these games?

if, I can post you some screenshot of these games on my android device... (if I find how to do it here on the forum ... or I can attach them as comments on facebook ...)
  • No, i am not but i am a little worried about this because i bought an pro license recently=)

I would love to see some screenshots of the games:) Maybe it can be that the developer of these games didnt use GBS multiresolution functionality?

• Do not worry ... I have purchased the PRO version yesterday, and I managed (after several attempts) to go to my screen in fullscreen without problems (and without multiscaling ... you need "only" to publish for device with low memory) ...

the only problem I have left with fullscreen is the Android immersive mode (you can see my relative post on this forum) ... I hope that from here on the forum someone indicate to me how to work around this problem ...

for game screens, I do not know how to post images on this forum ...
  • Good:)

I dont think you can upload images direct to this forum, you can only link from another site.
  • @Isak that is exactly why you would see black bars around a game is if the game doesn't support multiple resolutions and didn't account for multiple screens. 

@Francesco Both of the example games published by first time users could use some optimizations. We are working on first party games to showcase GBs.
  • Fantastic! I can not wait to see the actual current capacities of GBS! (It would be nice to see what it can do without adding code manually)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged