Multi-Resolution Game Development With GameBuilder Studio Check it out!
NEW Version 0.9.7 has arrived! New Blazing Fast Particle Engine & More Game Actions. Check it out
Collision not occuring
  • Hello,
    I am having a problem with collision not occurring. I have set up object type filters and applied them to each object for collision to occur. However, no collision occurs. I previously had this working and had a scoreboard working with this collision, but now the collision doesn't work. I can't for the life of me figure out why?

I tried applying the same method in a new project and the collision worked. Why did it stop working in my game? 

Any assistance is much appreciated.
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • @Graham What does your collision condition look like? What are you checking for? Upload a screenshot of the Rules properties if you can.
  • Hello Lavon

I appreciate your quick response! I have uploaded a screenshot of the rules property which will not trigger anymore.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I can't understand why there is no collision at all now.
  • Update: I changed the projectile from kinematic body type to dynamic and now the collision works. Am I misunderstanding what is happening here?
  • @Graham that would do it. Kinematic means that the object can not interact with the physics world.
  • @Levon Thank you very much for your input! Good day, sir.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged